Tuesday, August 13, 2013

John, Paul, George & Ben by Lane Smith

John, Paul, George & Ben by Lane Smith is another wonderful book our family friend Mike B. introduced us to, this book is great for all ages.  It is even easy for my little cousins to understand- Georgia, Ryan & Lily. This book is hilarious- it's a good way to learn about the founding fathers without even realizing it.  It has also given me one of the quotes that my mom hates me to say "PLEASE SHUT YOUR BIG YAP!".  Now, I am not going to tell you where that is in the book but you will know when it comes up.

The book is divided up into the 5 main characters as children, John, Paul, George and Ben and Tom (who is always off doing his own thing).  It shows you why Paul was able to yell so loud on his famous ride, why John Hancock's handwriting could be read from space, George's brutal honesty and Ben's clever sayings.  There is also a little quiz in the back that separates fact from fiction so your children don't really think that George chopped down his father's cherry tree.

This book is full of spunk and is a great read aloud story with great illustrations.  If you are anything like my family you will read it for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nathan,
    Is that the book I was reading with Matthew when I came and visited in February? I seem to remember the "please shut your big yap!" line!!! Thanks for the recommendation for Georgia!
    Love, Auntie

    ReplyDelete